Immigration Physical Exam and Vaccination Record Forms (I-693)
- Please make an appointment 1-2 days ahead.
- Please allow 2-5 business days for form completion
- You will be notified when your form is ready
- Once you set up the appointment, please bring all requirements below
- Your photo ID: U.S. Driver’s License or Passport
- Please bring the first page of I-693 form completely filled out in English at time of check-in
- All medical records, including all vaccine records
- All documents must be in English
- Please make sure what immunization is required at your age
- If you have positive tuberculosis test please bring the valid written document with your name, date of birth.
Required Immunization for Immigration Process
All applicants filing for adjustment of status for lawful permanent resident MUST submit Form I-693 completed by a designated civil surgeon, a physician who is authorized by USCIS. This step is mandatory. Depending on your medical history, laboratory results, and vaccination record, a client should expect at least 2 or 3 times visits to our office. Therefore, prior telephone screening and scheduling an appointment with HELLOMED staff is necessary.
Immigration medical exam includes the following three parts: 1. Communicable Disease Screening, 2.Physical Exam 3. Vaccination.
1. Communicable Disease Screening
(1) Tuberculosis (TB)
- You will be examined with a tuberculosis skin test or tuberculosis blood test.
- TB Skin Test(TST): You will get a small injection that contains TB protein. The needle will be placed under the top of the layer of skin, causing a small bump. This bump usually goes away in a few hours. After 48 to 72 hours, you must return to the clinic for reading.
- TB Blood Test(Optional): If you have a history of skin test reaction (i.e., skin test positive), you will be recommended to have TB blood test. Also, if you have a history of BCG vaccination, our clinician may recommend a blood test. The test is called the QuantiFERON-TB Gold Test. For this test, at least 3ml of a blood sample is required. Results are usually available in 3-5 days.
- If the test result (either skin test or blood test) shows positive for TB, chest X-ray is required.
- If the chest X-ray results show active TB lesion(s) or suspicious finding(s), the applicant is mandatorily referred to county health department for further evaluation/treatment.
- You will be examined by blood test.
- If the test result shows positive, additional test is required for confirmation
(3) Gonorrhea urine test and Other communicable diseases will be assessed by civil surgeon
2. Physical Exam
This part includes physical or mental disorders with associated harmful behavior, drug abuse or addiction, and other medical conditions. Our civil surgeon will thoroughly review your medical record, then conduct a medical exam. Your medical records will be reviewed.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) adopts specific vaccination criteria that would be required for any person who seeks an immigrant visa or adjustment of status for permanent residence. Therefore, all applicants must be up to date their vaccination before filing I-693.
- If you have a vaccination record (i.e., proof of vaccination including the name of vaccine, date, and provider) and all vaccine requirements are met, our provider may not ask additional vaccination.
- If you had certain vaccination but do not have the record, a blood test will be performed for evidence of immunity.
- In general, adults aged between 18 and 64 are required to have following vaccination: Tdap, MMR, Varicella, & annual Influenza(between Oct 1st to March)
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis): It is good for 10 years
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varicella (Chickenpox): If you have had a history of varicella, vaccination can be waived but required to test immunity by blood test.
- Influenza (Flu): The flu season starts on October 1 and ends on March 31 each year. If your immigration medical exam is during this period, you are required to have the seasonal flu vaccine.
* If TB skin test is positive, chest X-ray is required
* If patient has had chickenpox, please provide valid document
* From October to March, annual influenza vaccination is required